Monday, January 26, 2009

What do I say?

Anyone who knows me well knows that there have been times in the last 8 years that I have struggled with the concept of evangelism. I think primarily because I saw a lot of sleezy, bait-and-switch stuff happening in the world. For some reason, it just didn't seem like Christians could simply be real and honest with people. Instead, they had to manipulate . . . or so it seemed to me.

In the past couple of years, God has refreshed a spirit of evangelism in me. And these days, I find myself daily praying that people I know and love would find their way back to God. Often in my prayers, I offer myself to God as a messenger of His love and hope.

With that in mind, I have a 5-minute video from Penn (of Penn & Teller fame) on this topic. (Courtesy of Ed Stetzer's blog) Obviously, Penn and I aren't on same page spiritually, but I think he has a great thought that we need to hear:





Penn says:

I don't respect people who don't proselytize. If you believe that there's a heaven and hell, and people could be going to hell, and you think, 'Well, it's not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward'... How much do you have to hate somebody not to proselytize?


Ever thought about it that way before?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment