Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ringing In My Head

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Indian Creek Community Church this morning. Personally, I felt the presence and encouragment of the Holy Spirit. That being said, all day long I've had two songs running through my head nearly non-stop. The first, Fire Fall Down, is a song that our worship team taught us today. The second, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, has been a personal favorite of mine for quite some time.

Never heard the songs? Take a quick listen:

Fire Fall Down - Hillsong United


Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus - Hillsong


Specifically, there is a portion from each song that I just can't escape. First, from Fire Fall Down:

I'll never be the same.
No, I'll never be the same.

Because I know that You're Alive
You came to fix my broken life
And I'll sing to glorify
Your Holy Name
Jesus Christ

In so many ways, those first four lines describe my life. I am forever grateful for the way that Jesus has absolutely changed my life. You know, I'm not exactly sure where I'd be if it weren't for Jesus. He's given me hope. He's given me comfort. He's shown me what true love looks like. I'll never be the same.

Which leads me to that second song. I think I have found more comfort through the encouraging words of that song than nearly any other.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

You know, I've discovered those words to be so true. All of my problems don't instantly disappear. Everything doesn't magically work out the way I want it to. However, as I fix my eyes on Jesus, as I press into His heart, I regularly experience that the things that I wrestle with become much dimmer. It's strange, really. They were so bright, so domineering of my perspective. But, compared with the light of the grace and glory of Jesus, they seem dim by comparison.

I'm just reveling in those words tonight.

This fall at Indian Creek, we're pressing into the heart of God. We're placing our trust and hope in Him alone.

God, what adventure do you want to take us on?

What bold risks do you want us to take?

What dream have you written on our heart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment