Monday, November 16, 2009

Someday

You know, there are times when I come across a song and it inspires me in an unnatural way. These days, that song is "Someday" by Rob Thomas. Besides the fact that I simply love his voice and the way that this song is arranged, the lyrics inspire something deep within me.

Maybe it's the idea of hope. Or, maybe it's the contrast of emotions represented. Maybe it's the charge to make a difference. Whatever it is, this song inspires me, and makes me think. Take a look:

Rob Thomas "Someday" from Snap Films on Vimeo.



Personally, I'm tired of the "complain mentality" that's so prevalent in our culture. You know, all is not hopeless, all is not loss. There is redemption for it all. I love the chorus:


And maybe someday we’ll figure all this out
Try to put an end to all our doubt
Try to find a way to make things better now that
Maybe someday we’ll live our lives out loud
We’ll be better off somehow, someday


I believe that "someday" is today. And Jesus is the one who's paved the way for it to be a reality. Jesus didn't just come to secure the presence of a few people in heaven, Jesus came to repair that which had been broken. Jesus came to redeem that which had been lost. Jesus came to restore that which had been damaged.

Namely: you.

Me.

Us.

Humanity.

Creation.

All of it.

Truth is: you ARE someone. Just as you are.

Now, go LIVE like it.

Just curious, what does this song inspire with you?

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    This song reminds me how important it is to live every day. So many people I know live for the weekends... "ugh, monday again??" is such a common thing I hear. Why are we trying to get through every weekday just to live during the weekends -- and then complain that the weekend goes by too fast? This song, "Someday" is referring to today. Not just some Saturday or Sunday. Thanks, Ben! I needed that reminder.

Post a Comment