Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Uprising

I'm struck by these words from Karl Barth today:

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an
uprising against the disorder of the world.


This week, I am committing to spend an hour every day in the Prayer Room at Indian Creek as a time of personal dedication, consecration, and worship. I truly believe with all of my heart that prayer is the the single most under-valued tool in the arsenal of a Christ follower.

It is our way to connect with Father. It is one of the main ways that God brings our heart into alignment with His.

One of the things that I know about my life is this: no matter how much I pray, more is always a good thing. I don't say this in a legalistic or shame-based way, it's just that I'm not sure that I could pray too much in my life.

The beautiful thing is that I can pray at any time, in any place. Stopped at a red light . . . pray. Walking away from a conversation . . . pray. Heading into a meeting . . . pray.

I don't think God is concerned with whether our prayers fit a certain template or pattern. Ultimately, God simply wants to have a personal relationship with you and I. And prayer is a key component of that.

If you're in the area, I highly recommend checking out the Follow Me 24/7 Prayer Journey at Indian Creek. Reserve an hour for yourself. I think it'll be time well spent.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Early OFTEN and Always. If we reach out to HIM for advice or companionship as we do others, look out, The REAL answers will hit us like a ton of bricks. Great encouraging and TRUE post bro. Talk to him people, He's waiting!

Post a Comment