Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Legacy of W


I read an interesting article today about the legacy of our nation's 43rd President. It's written by a guy who attended the Civil Forum on Global Health held in Washington, D.C. on World Aids Day. Rick Warren conducted an interview with President Bush that centered around PEPFAR and it's impact in Africa over the past few years.

I thought it was a great read. You'll need to set aside a few minutes to read it, but I highly recommend that you do so. I'm guessing this is a side of American politics that you don't think about too often. I know I don't. Read it here.

I don't want to editorialize too much here, but I have to say that reading this encourages me. I am a member of the ONE Campaign, and I'm proud that our country is doing something to help those in need of help across our globe. I know there can be a TON of disagreement about many things when it comes to our current Presidential administration, but I hope that this encourages you in the same way it encourages me. Every tax penny that I've given that has gone to this type of work is totally worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment