Monday, November 03, 2008

Living In Faith

Well, yesterday I finally got to publicly share an announcement that has been burning in my heart for a couple of months. It was good to share it then, and I want to share it here as well.

Sarah and I are going to plant a church in Gardner, KS.

This will be the second campus of Indian Creek Community Church, and we've never been more excited for what lies ahead for us. We believe God is up to something BIG. We can hardly wait to move there. We're looking forward to investing in the lives of people that we haven't even met yet.

And here's the deal, there's a TON of uncertainty in this. There are so many questions, so many unknowns, so many variables that could go this way or that way, and yet in the midst of that we feel confident.

Confident in the grace of God. He is sufficient for all our needs. We are confident that He'll provide what we need. From strength to courage to peace to joy. From a home buyer to a home to purchase to a generous supporters who will help us have a salary to live on.

In many ways, we are living in faith.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
-- Hebrews 11:1 --


I've read and heard that verse hundreds of times, but these days, it comforts me a great deal.

I think there's something vitally healthy in living in a state of dependence on God. It sharpens you. It invigorates. I think I had become comfortable, and I don't want to be there again.

I've also been encouraged by this song by Sanctus Real. Take a look at the video:


2 Comments:

  1. Jon DeWitt said...
    I am fired up for you and your family Ben. It simply makes me smile. The unknown is God's to worry about. If you aren't doing something how He wants it done, He will let you know when to cast your nets on the other side with all situations, decisions & visions. That, my friend, is His promise. LET'S GO BRO! LET'S GO!
    Ben said...
    Thanks Jon! We're VERY excited for what God is going to do. Believe He's up to BIG things!

Post a Comment