Saturday, November 29, 2008

I don't know that I even know what to say . . .

Two headlines in our news today:

Wal-Mart worker trampled; two shot at toy store

Indian official: Terrorists wanted to kill 5,000

I know we, in America, like our "stuff", but seriously!!! I don't know where to begin. My heart has been wrecked by this stuff that's happening in India. But, somehow the perspective on life still doesn't seem to hit home with the bulk of our society.

There are travesties and injustices all over the world, and we can't stop our self-indulgent consumption long enough to make sure the guy we're (literally) stepping on/over is alright.

This disturbs me.

It also motivates me. As the stories pour in from Black Friday in the midst of the worst economic crisis we've seen in decades (say some experts), it is overwhelming to me the reality that our world needs Jesus more than ever.

He has a better way to live. It doesn't have to be like this. He came to redeem it all, and has invited us to take part in the work.

That's what I want to give my life to. I have no desire to perpetuate this system of doing things.

God, may Your Kingdom come, may Your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment