Monday, October 13, 2008

Well, I apologize for my blogging absence over the weekend. We're working on painting our house and . . . well, you don't care.

Suffice it to say that I didn't make the time to post anything. However, I have been continuing to walk in step with the 21 Day challenge, taking some time in John 8 today.





I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. - John 8:12

I told you that you would die in your sings; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins. - John 8:24


I don't know how to express the fullness of what swirling in my heart as I re-type these words. I know what Jesus had to say in verse 24 isn't popular. But, I believe it. I really do.

Without the grace of Christ, we are all dead in our sin. Without hope. Without purpose. Without life.

But, the Great News trumps the path of death. If we follow after Christ. If we cling to Him. If we rely on Him. If we trust in Him. If we believe in Him, we will have the light of life.

Today, my heart is grieving over those who don't see this light. My heart is broken for those who don't know.

And then, I remember these thoughts (to quote my wife and Mary):

How many people know what it feels like to be satisfied? To be truly full
and have eaten their fill, enough so that the feeling of hunger is completely
gone? In the same sense, how many people know what it means to feel full
spiritually? To never hunger or thirst for answers or for His loving
arms?

Oh God, may I never lose sight of your love for those who don't know you.

What about you? What are you learning?

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    His love and the presence of His light in our own lives compels us to run to the darkness with our light! What are we waiting for! Let's go!

    Glad you are willing to go, Ben!

Post a Comment