Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Told Again - Day 9

I love the strong emphasis on spiritual sight in John 9, but the phrase that really stuck out to me to day was this one in verse 27:

I have told you already and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again?

Confession time: I'm not the best listener. I want to be, but sometimes I'm just not. (Go ask my wife, she'll verify this reality.) I've worked really hard to be a better listener of people. And I desire deeply to hear from God. But, I have to admit, I think I've heard God say to me what the healed blind man said to the Jewish leaders.

Ben, I've told you already, and you didn't listen. Why do you want to hear it again?

Truth is, sometimes I've needed to hear things a second time. But, I want to be a man who moves at the impulse of God's words to me.

So, I'm going to continue to try to eliminate the distracting noises that make it difficult for me to hear God.

What about you? Do you hear the first time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment