Friday, February 17, 2006

Questions

I want to thank you for your prayers. I know they are making a difference.

After completing my second (of ten) days of teaching, I feel like I'm beginning to build a rapport with the students. I'm told this is no small feat. The male students in particular have a history of being rather critical of their instructors. I can totally understand where they would come from on that front. After all, who am I to come as an instructor? (I have to admit, I've shared that thought more than once when thinking about my presence here.)

One of the benefits of not knowing the language is that I can pay attention to the non-verbal aspects of their questions and statements while waiting for the translation. I've been noticing that their questions are turning from a tone of testing of me toward genuine questions.

I also have enjoyed opening teaching and dialogue on worship today with the students. We have engaged in some great conversation!

Tomorrow is going to be a huge day of curriculum preparation for me. Your prayers are still coveted!

I love to read the posts that you're leaving. They are very encouraging to me. Perhaps this weekend I'll be able to get out and take some interesting pictures. I would love to share with you what I am seeing.

Blessings to you all!

BTW - the liver returned at lunch today. More or less the same, except with potatoes. I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure that it's liver any more. The texture doesn't match what I've been told in the past. If I don't watch out, I may get used to eating whatever it is. 8^)

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hey Ben we're all soooo proud of you...yada yada yada. We must be making you feel all nice and warm inside. But speaking for all of us, here's the real truth. We're all ecstatic that you're gone. In fact, there was a Ben's Gone! party the other night, serving the finest wines and cheese dips. I don't think Sarah has been this happy in like four years. Hope you like it there, b/c I heard there was a petition going around to try to keep you from coming back. Oh and one more thing, YOU SMELL LIKE...

    Poop

Post a Comment